We Take Coolants Seriously
The challenge of opaque industrial fluids has many obstacles including:
T3I's FASTAC has met all of these criteria based on the combination of its patented [Sterilization of Opaque Fluids with UV Radiation] FASTAC treatment
system (that has established the important fluid flow geometry and algorithms for overcoming the opacity of industrial fluids) and its patented [Lamp for Generating High Power Ultraviolet Radiation] monochromatic UV light source.
- Using light to treat and control highly contaminated (10^8 CFM/ml) opaque fluids (similar to dirty milk).
- To operate efficiently without the addition of chemical biocides.
- The treatment methodology should not significantly elevate the temperature of the fluid.
- The UV light source (wavelength) should not result in any photochemical destruction of the fluid properties or desired constituents.
- The treatment system should control the bacteria level to acceptable levels (10^4 is desired).
- Have the ability to treat all microorganisms present in fluids including fungus and biocide resistant mycobacterium.
Our lamps have demonstrated extended lifetime and reliability, high dosage spectral output over a large active (surface) area with significant advantages over conventional UV light sources based on a number of key variables. T3I realizes that an effective fluid treatment process must consider both fluids and the systems that use them. Our proprietary computer model is used to size FASTAC installations.
The dynamic simulator was developed using data gathered from earlier FASTAC installations at powertrain facilities and includes inputs for system volume, type and concentration of fluid, flow conditions, carry-off rates, make-up water additions, plant scheduling, system ecology, and customer-specific treatment requirements.
Models are only as good as the input data so T3I has its own state-of-the-art laboratory facilities available to identify and address microbiological issues with metalworking fluids. Several small-scale (500-1000 Gallons) coolant systems are used to benchmark performance and optimize effectiveness.
Smaller volume bench top systems process coolants to improve our understanding of the ecology of MWF systems. This knowledge is used to size FASTAC systems for the wide variety of installations used in the automobile, farm equipment, aerospace and food packaging industries.
We welcome the opportunity to respond to your inquiries.